The Concours 14 Police will be delivered with a tighter turning radius and custom law enforcement equipment, including an adjustable speedometer, a second wiring harness with 12 fused circuits and a separate battery dedicated to the add-on electronics.
An extensive selection of emergency equipment is available to satisfy agency requirements. According to Kawasaki the Concours 14 Police will have the “quickest acceleration and best high-speed handling in the law enforcement class.
The Concours 14 ABS provides significant competitive advantages for law enforcement agencies, compared to the police offerings from competing manufacturers.
Engine and Transmission
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four with VVT
- Displacement: 1,352cc
- Bore x stroke: 84.0 x 61.0mm
- Maximum torque: 102.0 lb-ft @ 6,200 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Fuel Injection: Digital Fuel Injection w/ 40mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Tetra-Lever shaft drive
Chassis and Dimensions
- Rake / trail: 26.1 degrees / 4.4 in.
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR-17
- Rear tire: 190/50 ZR-17
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 43mm inverted, telescopic fork with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload / 4.4 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Tetra-Lever with stepless rebound damping adjustment and remote spring preload adjuster / 5.4 in.
- Brakes, front: Dual floating 310mm petal discs with four-piston calipers (optional ABS)
- Brakes, rear: Single 270mm petal disc (optional ABS)
- Fuel capacity: 5.8 gal.
- Seat height: 32.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 59.8 in.
- Overall Length: 89.4 in.
- Overall Height Fairing Lowered / Raised: 50.8 in. / 55.3 in.
- Overall Width at Handlebars / at Saddlebags: 30.7 in. / 39.4 in.
- Curb Weight: Concours 14 / Concours 14 ABS: 670.3 / 679.1 lbs.